A third or more of our food is pollinated by several types of pollinators, not just honey bees! Creating spaces that contain the habitat, food and nectar required by multiple different species is important for pollinating not only for your garden, but to help all gardens! An added bonus is the beauty it will bring to your Garden Tower® System and/or in and around your area.
Native Solitary Bees are incredibly important in pollination and often overlooked as the focus has been on honey bees (which are important). Habitat for native solitary bees is crucial and disappearing. That is why we have partnered with Bee With Me to exclusively offer a sustainable and appropriate bee house for these little gems! You can read more about the bee house and instructions for placing here. This is not for Honey Bees.
Our specially selected Botanical Interest® seeds include several Non-GMO varieties to allow planting in your Garden Tower, in pots and in the ground. Variety is important to attract the most pollinators. Herbs are a great way to add to your food and support pollinators. Just let a few of the herbs bolt or go to flower. Most herbs flowers are tiny and attract tons of lesser known pollinators. Some of the herbs included are Flat Leaf Parsley (Black Swallowtail Butterfly caterpillars love to eat parsley) , Dill and Thai Basil (flowers are irresistible to pollinators). Letting some veggies go to flower is good as well. We have included Red Russian Kale for this as it is pretty, yummy and a great plant to let flower but let some of you other veggies go to flower too! Flowers are the what everyone likes to see though! Some of the flowers included are Dwarf Elves Sunflowers, Cut and come again Zinnias, French Marigolds ( marigolds are lady bug magnets!), and Mahogany Nasturtiums (beautiful and edible). These can all be planted in a Garden Tower, in containers or in the ground.
We are also including a selection of flowers meant for small containers or in the ground. Each kit will also come with Precious Pollinator Blend (covers about 80 SqFt and includes Smooth Aster, Borage, Cosmos, Dill, Lance-leaved Coreopsis, Lemon Bee Balm, Naughty Marietta Marigold, Milkweed, Phacelia, Purple Coneflower, Red Clover, Scarlet Sage, Sunflower, Queen mix, California Giant Zinnia), Bachelor Button Tall Blend, Cosmos, and Dwarf Lavender. 13 seed packets in total. Substitutions may occur but should be minor.
Happy and Healthy Gardening!
Where do we deliver to?
- We offer shipping to the US and US outlying Islands.
- We do have distributors in Australia, Canada.
- We’re are working on shipping to select European Countries. Be aware that we can not collect duties/tarrifs/taxes for our international customers (any/all taxes/duties/fees which apply are the responsibility of the purchaser/importer). Though these services are reasonably fast in terms of transport, they are very expensive to ship, customs delays will vary by nation and are outside of our control. Delays at port of entry (customs) are not unusual.
- Warranties for items shipped overseas cannot be honored due to the irregular handling of packages.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about shipping costs and payment options for overseas European.
How do we ship?
- Garden Towers are very large and are classified as oversize by UPS, FEDEX, and the USPS (80lb or 90lbs rates apply)
- Standard shipping takes 3-6 business days to the lower 48 states
- Shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and other US territories ship via USPS and can take up to 2 months for delivery.
- Most orders ship within 2 business days
How much will shipping cost?
- Add a product to your shopping cart, view your shopping cart or begin checkout to calculate shipping costs. Shipping cost “estimates” are actual charges and will not be adjusted after your order is processed.
- On January 18, 2021 all shipping carriers increased their rates and have added an additional surcharge on larger packages such as the tower. We have negotiated our rates as low as possible and are working diligently for ways to further decrease shipping costs. As a small business we are unable to absorb shipping while keeping the product costs as low as possible.