Tower Tip: How to Plant Your Garden Tower® 2 System
A Quick Guide to Assembling Your Tower
Are you a first-time gardener? Did you just purchase your first Garden Tower® 2 planting system? Then join resident Garden Tower® 2 Vertical Gardening System expert and master gardener Kristi Armes as teaches us how to plant a tower.
Kristi’s Top 6 Tips for Planting a Garden Tower® 2 System
- Put your tallest plants on top of the Garden Tower® 2 system including carrots and beets in the top or second row.
- When planting in pockets, pull a little dirt back, place plant in the pocket, and push the dirt back over it.
- Plant things you know you and your family will want to eat, then branch off into “interesting” things.
- Space saver cucumbers are good for the bottom row.
- Sugar peas and do well at the top of the tower and come up quickly.
- Be aware of how large plants will get so they don’t shade each other out.
Want to see more? Tune in to our Facebook Live videos with Kristi every weekend. Be sure to like us on Facebook to get the notifications!