The Ultimate Spring Checklist for Gardeners of All Skill Levels
Spring is in the air! With this change in seasons, it means it’s time to start prepping and planting your garden. Whether you’re a seasoned gardener or this is your first time, having an up-to-date checklist of all the essentials will save you time and make for an easier gardening experience. Whether you need a vegetable planting guide, new tools, or plant food, we’ve got you covered—keep reading for a list of all the essentials you’ll need for the ultimate spring garden.
Guide Your Vegetable Planting With Seed Packs
Let the Experts Make Your Personal Vegetable Planting Guide
Instead of spending your time picking out mediocre seeds at the supermarket, let the experts choose your seeds for you. Not only are they specifically picked out for optimal companion planting, but they’re higher quality seeds, too. We offer a large assortment of organic seed packs to use in a variety of different ways. Some of these packs include:
- Salsa Pack: These seeds will turn your garden into your own personal salsa bar. With delicious, crunchy vegetables such as tomatoes, jalapenos, and cilantro, you’ll never go without a tasty snack.
- Juice Pack: Thirsty on a hot summer afternoon? These seeds will give you tasty carrots, spinach, and more to keep you quenched and full during the day.
- Bountiful Harvest Pack: If you’re looking for a well-rounded, diverse set of seeds, this is right up your alley. With delicious and organic vegetables such as peppers, peas, and broccoli, you’ll have fresh veggies all summer long.
- Herb Pack: Not only will your food taste great, but it’ll look better, too. This pack’s herbs, such as cilantro, basil, and chives, can take any dish to the next level.
No matter which seed pack is more your style, you can spend less time by leaving the seed picking to us.
Keep Your Worms Happy With a Compost Crank
Aerate Your Vertical Vegetable Garden’s Compost Column
No matter how you compost, one of the most important parts of the process is keeping everything aerated so that it does not become compacted. In terms of the Garden Tower®, having a compact compost tube can cause many issues with the system and potentially hurt your harvests. However, we’ve created a way to combat this with the Compost Crank Twist™. This crank is easy on both your body AND wallet, as it’s incredibly lightweight and affordable. Additionally, it doesn’t just have to be used in the Garden Tower®—it can be used in any compost. With a versatile tool like this, your garden will thrive this season.
Label Plants for Easy Identification With Stakes
Find Any Plant Easily In Your Garden
During the early stages of your garden, one of the most annoying parts can be trying to identify young plants. However, with plant stakes, you’ll never have to guess which seedling is which again. Our stakes are a step above others because they’re reusable—this makes them practical AND sustainable. Because of their reusability, you won’t have to splurge every year for new stakes, saving you money. Not only does labeling make your life easier, but it also helps you track growth progress and keep plants organized by harvest dates. Skip the hassle and make your life easier with this small yet helpful addition.
Nourish Your Vertical Vegetable Garden With Plant Food
Harvest Bigger, Better Herbs and Veggies
A great way to give your plants the extra boost of nutrients they need is with plant food. 100% organic and handcrafted, our fertilizer slowly releases in order to not overwhelm your plants while also nourishing them. We hold our products to an incredibly high standard, including our Dr. Earth Plant Food. With no GMOs, sewage sludge, chicken manure, or anything that is considered “dirty”, your garden can stay beautiful while creating larger, more nutritionally dense vegetables. When paired with vermicomposting, your plants will thank you with bigger, better harvests.
“Dig In” to This Variety of Garden Tools
Spend Less Time With These Helpful Tools
A set of tools can make or break your gardening experience because of how fundamental they are to the process. We’ve revolutionized traditional tools to create accessible and compact versions that are perfect for the Garden Tower® and can be used with one hand. These are lightweight, easy to handle, AND affordable. Some of our favorite tools include:
- Pruner: Created for both right and left handed individuals, these pruners are created with high quality materials and come with a holster for when the tool is not in use to protect you.
- Mini Plower: Weighing just 5 ounces, this Wisconsin-made tool helps you get into tight crevices with precision.
Whether you’re growing with a vertical vegetable garden or in a traditional garden bed, these tools can turn your garden into a hassle-free and fun experience.
With last frost dates approaching, now is the perfect time to start checking the boxes on your garden wish list. When combining your green thumb and our high-quality products, you’ll have the best harvests of your life. Are you a seasoned gardener interested in our products or a beginner gardening looking for vegetable planting guides? Browse our wide selection of products and informational blogs on our website today.